Re: Ending actions by Record in Mobius (Re: Following Acoustic Musicians with Looper)

On 5 okt 2007, at 19.38, Jeff Larson wrote:

> So you're hearing an audio glitch in the Mobius loop when output
> sync is enabled and you do Multiply/Record and sometimes just
> a simple Overdub?  Thanks I can look into that.
>
> Glitches after Overdub are most often caused by a low
> setting for the global parameter "Drift Resync Frames".
> This defaults to 256 which is actually way too low, it
> should be around 4096.

I've been testing Mobius 1.30G all day now and must admit that I was
wrong. The old "glitch" I was talking about is gone by now. When
starting the first loop by Record - Record I could not reproduce the
glitch nor the drop-out. This is really good news and I have to
apologize to Jeff and anyone reading my previous mail and thus
getting exposed to incorrect information.

As for the drop-outs they sometimes appear when creating the first
loop by Record - Overdub.

> Multiply/Record is much more complicated because the
> tempo and a lot of other internal sync state changes.
> Glitches here are usually caused by bugs.

Yes, there is still the problem with Multiply - Multiply, when done
on the master track:  the playback jumps to the middle of the loop
instead of proceeding from the beginning. I get around this issue by
going Multiply - Overdub instead.

I tried to make a script that uses the same foot pedal for starting
Multiply and ending it with Overdub ("if" in Multiply mode). This did
not work though; after the second press the track was not going into
Overdub mode, even though Multiply was ended. So for smooth
multiplying you need to remember to step on two buttons; Multiply and
Overdub button.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)