Re: little boxes (was survey)

   Coming in late here, (very busy) but I'm doing something similar in
that
I'm using a midi looping seq to control EDP in addition to doing so
manually.

   As I'd mentioned earlier, the sw has access issues for me, so am using
hardware for now, but it's a similar concept.

   -And, as the sequencer is a midi looper, I'm effectively running one
looper with another.

Smiles,

CQ  :)

At 04:36 PM 10/2/2007 -0700, you wrote:

>wot i mean is...i would think that people will choose their software
>tools based on what is available for their OS. so their choice in the
>survey might not say that much about their preferred looping 'school'.
>
>i mean, i would think that when someone needs any kind of tool...a
>strobe tuner, a midi keyboard, a media player....they would google
>what is out there for their OS.
>
>but that would be an interesting survey question!
>
>"would you install and run a different OS on your computer in order
>to use a particular software looper?"
>
>yes Live and Mobius are obviously different - one is more 'sampler'
>and one is more 'old skool EDP-esque'. (and i find the 'sampler-only'
>qualities of Live to be annoying). but to overcome the 'sampler'
>limitations a user might look around for what additional tools to
>use, in combination with Live, in order to accomplish EDP-esque
>looping (software plugin like Augustus or SooperLooper, or add an
>external hardware looper into an input channel).
>
>by the way, i couldn't figure out how to make my looping setup fit
>into the survey.
>
>- using a software looper to control a hardware looper. the audio is
>recorded onto a hardware-looping device but all the controls are sent
>from the software looper.
>
>is that a hardware or software preference?
>
>i'd love to know if anyone else does this. both electrix and bill
>walker have told me i might be the only one but i don't believe that
>at all.
>i want my sub-group dammit!
>

>--
>269.13.39/1045 - Release Date: 10/2/2007 6:43 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn