RE: vortex

>>The vortex seems very popular with loopers and experimentalists.
In a nutshell,  what does it do?<<

warped time-domain stuff, things that they had to make up new names for,
based on extreme flanging & delay modulations. it can "morph" from one
complete lot of settings to another (switch channels on y'r amp too, if
you want it to) provided they live in the A & B "versions" of a memory.

the lack of midi-control has rather put me off trying to integrate mine
into a larger setup; it requires one's face-time to get the best out of
it & can't really be behind the player in a rack.
incidentally, we solved this same issue with our first jam-man (same
case design) by fitting a video-camera tripod mount to it's underside
(warning- requires open-case surgery & will reduce e-bait value) & then
plonking the lexicon on a normal cheap video camera tripod. after that,
I did the same trick with a repeater for a while, then a bass-pod....

ahem. anyone else? my vortex experience is a little limited...

d.