Re: vortex

When Lexicon first introduced them, they went for something like $399,
and bombed.  It was only after Guitar Center blew them out at like
$129 that they really caught on.  Four bills for something that
wouldn't do "the basics" (basic chorus/reverb/delay) and had no MIDI
didn't sit well with the market at the time, and the morphing thing
was too esoteric to go over with the masses.

I remember mine being too sensitive on input headroom, i.e. it didn't
seem to have any.  Plus, a fair amount of hiss on several patches and
a crap UI.  There were some great sounds in it though.

TH