Re: vista

Raul Bonell wrote:
> hi there!
>
> i was wondering how our favorite apps like Mobius,
> Live, Bidule, MAX/MSP, etc..are doing with Vista.
>
> has anybody some experience with laptops about
> this matter? is it the drivers' unstability problem again?

Can't say as I'm a Mac workstation and Linux server guy.
The rec.audio.pro newsgroup resently had a few threads about driver and
DRM issues on Vista.
Just about noone would even consider using Vista until the first service
pack hs been released, and many/most were reluctant even so, expecting
to stick with XP 'while supply lasts' and then merge to Mac.

> the pitty is that most laptop manufacturers are selling
> the units with vista intalled & if you change to xp you
> loose guaranty. maybe it's possible to re-install vista
> and you are again protected.

Really? Are you saying loosing _hardware_ warranty for using another M$?
Here in DK it was settled by court that customers aren't forced to use a
specific OS, hence any hardware is fully warrented according to consumer
rights acts.  Whether the seller will/can help when using i.e. Linux is
another issue ;), but s far as M$'s (i.e. XP) goes, they'll comply..

--
rgds,
van Sinn