Re: vista

From: "van Sinn" <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk> :

>> the pitty is that most laptop manufacturers are selling
>> the units with vista intalled & if you change to xp you
>> loose guaranty. maybe it's possible to re-install vista
>> and you are again protected.

I still swear by (and not AT) my HP laptop, gotten one year ago - which
came
with XP Media Center onboard.  In June I was sent a voucher/coupon for a
free upgrade to Vista Pro, which I'm going to take advantage of just for
the
fun of it.

> Really? Are you saying loosing _hardware_ warranty for using another M$?
> Here in DK it was settled by court that customers aren't forced to use a
> specific OS, hence any hardware is fully warrented according to consumer
> rights acts.  Whether the seller will/can help when using i.e. Linux is
> another issue ;), but s far as M$'s (i.e. XP) goes, they'll comply..

Perhaps not as fear-and-loathing infested as one might be persuaded to
suspect by the pseudo-fascist EU... A look at HP's UK site shows quite a
lot
of laptops coming with XP installed.  Where's the beef, hm?

http://tinyurl.com/yo6hr6

Stephen Goodman
*
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff