using muliple, simple loop pedals

While I ponder my software looping product choices, I want to get started
with some not-so-expensive hardware pedals.  It occurred to me that 2 or
even 3 RC-2's  might be interesting.   I have a splitter and could route
instrument inputs to one or more in parallel,  or daisy chain them.
Seems that this could emulate multiple looping tracks.

Your thoughts =?

-Qua