Re: How to simulate a piano sustain pedal with a midi controllerlike FCB1010 or FC-300

Sjaak wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm thinking of buying a midi foot controller. Does anyone if it's
> possible to simulate a piano sustain pedal to control synths?
> Searching the net resulted in information that it was only possible to
> program 2 pedals instead of 1 on for example the FCB1010.......
>
> Pedal 1 => midi controle message 64 with value between 64-127 => ON
> Pedal 2 => midi controle message 64 with value between 0-63 => OFF
>
> What I would like to have is 1 pedal:
> * pressing it => sustain ON
> * releasing it => OFF
>
> I also found some info on customized EPROM's for the FCB1010 from
> Belgium expanding the feature set of the FCB1010. Does anyone know if
> it's worth buying it?
>
> Does anyone know the main differences  or plus/minus between the FCB1010
> and the Roland FC-300. Btw: price is less important, I'm looking for a
> good and well working midi controller. So other suggestions are welcome
>:)
>
> Sjaak

The UnO chip from Xavier implements 5 PC and 5 CC buttons instead of the
normal 10 PC ones, plus programming and dumps is done without powering
the FCB1010 on/off while holding down buttons.
I can't tell if it'll let you do what you want, though it looks like it.

If you need lotsa flexibility, take a look at his own pedals at
http://gordius.be; he's also very good at talking about requirements.

--
rgds,
van Sinn