RE: FlyLoops and electronic instruments

Sounds like we understand each other pretty well .... here is a breakdown
of
A->B vs. Serial loops ....

Suppose you have a bank of loops ........... say we record three ....

1       2       3       4       5
A       A       A       -       -

So that’s three loops ... in slots 1,2,3 ...

Now, lets say that 1 and 3 are quick little drum rhythms ...
But 2 is a verse lick .....
but the song has a chorus riff too .....
So I hit the A-B button on loop 2 .....
the drums keep playing and I record the chorus riff .....

1       2       3       4       5
A       B       A       -       -

loops 1 and 3 are still playing with but I have turned 2A off and replaced
it with a newly record 2B (chorus lick).

Hit A-B again and I go back to the verse riff .... drums remain the same

1       2       3       4       5
A       A       A       -       -

Aha .... but there is a problem!!  See this song is kinda weird and has a
bridge part that doesn't conform to the same rhythm ... it suddenly changes
to 3/4 ...... so I need to drop the rhythm tracks and record a new part
with
it's own timing.

Now I could do this by turning everything off ... and hitting record on an
unsynced loop at the same time .... but I want to be able to smoothly
transition to from this bridge loop .....

This is where serial record is handy.  I turn on serial recording, and hit
the record button on loop 5 .... the program waits until the next master
repeat boundary and then turns all the loops off and begins recording on
track 5.

Once I've finished recording the serial loop I have ....

1       2       3       4       5
-a      -a      -a      -       S

The three little -a's are to indicate that there are loops there but they
are not playing ......

When I want to go back to the bank of parallel loops I just tap any of
them,
and the program transitions from playing the serial loop back to playing
the
three parallel loops .... and turns the serial off .....

Make sense ?

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
AM