From: Jim Amsden
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:42 PM
Subject: Questions about Digitech Jamman start and stop loop recording

One of the more difficult problems with looping live is getting the loop to start and stop at the right place. Trying to do this raw by pressing the Record switch to start and stop has to be done very carefully to avoid a glitch in the sound if the start, stop, or both aren't aligned to the beat precisely.

The Jamman seems to solve half the problem, but not the whole. You can tap a tempo before recording, then press the Record switch one measure before you actually want to record. Recording will then start automatically on the beat after a 1 measure lead-in.