For What It's Worth: more Frippiana ... the Fall River rig

Mostly for L.A. who asked about it ...

On Nov 6, 2007 3:51 PM, L.A. Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> That would be really nice Dennis, Fripps rack has
> always interested me and it seem to keep evolving
> cheers
> Luis
So now that Robert Fripp and the League of Crafty Guitarists have made
their two Massachusetts appearances, I thought I would report back on
what we saw at the performance last week in Fall River at the Narrows
Art Center. Given all the discussion of Axon vs. Roland, this may be
of interest. If not, just delete or skip. Here goes ...

We (wife and I) literally sat at the stage's edge .. .I mean like 10
inches away ... so I could see a fair bit of the gear.

On the floor, from Fripp's left to right:

Roland GR-1
3 Boss pedals (NOT EV-5s ... )
Rocktron "All Access"
2 more of the same kind of Boss pedals
Peterson Tuner

The racks:
Comprised of 5 2U units stacked with ...
2 x Eventide H8000
Roland GP100
Axon 100
1 Eventide Eclipse
2 x Eventide H3500
Fuhrman power unit
Unidentified tuner

Three guitars (only played two of them, but mainly only one):
 2 Beaudoux guitars (one electric which he played almost exclsusively,
the other an electric acoustic, ala an Ovation, which he only played
for the last encore)
1 guitar by "48th Street Custom Guitars" (electric)

Both the electrics had a Fernandes sustainer, and what appeared to be
a mini-humbucker, in the neck with it.

The roadie who was watching and tweaking all the gear said that Robert
prefers to use the "bells/chimes" of the GR-1 and the "strings" of the
Axon ... and I'm quoting. Looping and delays were done with the
Eventide units ...

~~Dennis