Re: Wireless foot controllers for laptops

Mech wrote:
> At 10:26 AM -0800 11/7/07, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any experience with this?:
>>
>> http://www.x-tempozone.com/?gclid=CID6lvaty48CFQh6gwodFnYf8w
>

> Velly intellensting...  But then, unfortunately, you look through the
> specs and there's this:
>
>     Wireless Communication:  2.4 GHz wireless USB
>
> So, this means that now my neighbor's daughter can get on their 2.4GHz
> wireless telephone and knock out my DAW for hours, much the same way she
> already does with our Airport connection?!?  Yeah, that's just what I
> wanna have happen onstage.
>
> Eek!

Yeah, what about a looping concert with lotsa wireless gear, and someone
shows up equipped with some portable man-in-the-middle attack gear..
"Now, let's _really_ make those guys go loop-loop :-D "

I'm into IT (systems/network); think I got much wireless at home?

Naa, of cause I'm just being neurotic now ;)  silly me..

Sometimes I'm thinking a wireless MIDI floorboard might be nice; isn't
seen much around AFAIK, though, guess there's a reason to it.

--
rgds,
van Sinn