Re: Expression vs Vol pedal for midi control

> That's misleading.
> Sure, in Max you can compensate for a mis-matched pedal.
> (with some loss of definition)
> ...but a midi-controller, of FX unit needs a pedal with
> the correct spec.

Not sure I follow you. Why do you think there would be loss of definition?
If anything I have more, because I am not limited to 0-127, but I can take
continuous amp change (down to as many decimal points as I desire) and
convert that into any range I like, mapped to an express pedal. What I
have
experienced is a more fluid change of parameters in my system vs, with
MIDI,
because the source of the scale is not forced into chucks of 0-127, but
literally thousands of data points. I can't think of a more efficient and
fast  way to control my parameter changes. The calculation and conversion
of
a db range (e.g., -10db to 0db) to a linear scale, and then to my
parameter
values (some number to some number, even in decimals) is almost
instantanous.

But you are right. What I is stated below is misleading without qualifying
that this is in the context of max/msp. Otherwise, the pedal is useless
for
expression changes.

Kris