Re: Ninjam techbabble (was: Chinapainting article)

Thanks for all these details, Rainer (and you know, I really have given
you more specific credit for your part in how Chinapainting came
together...Kyberfest was your brilliant idea!).

The only thing I'd like to add is that, for an audience, if they're
signed into the same room to listen, they can simply turn off the
metronome on their stream. Even if the musicians are hearing it on their
machines, control over the audio of the metronome is per client. If
someone wanted to stream the audio, they'd just join the room, stream
the audio via Shoutcast or whatever, and turn the metronome off. If you
were referring to an audience listening in the same place as one of the
musicians, then a second computer could be set up as the listener
machine, and the musician could listen to their setup via headphones,
while the audio from the listener computer could be sent to a PA.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com