Re: TC Electronic D-two: how to emulate an analog delay?

On 13 nov 2007, at 10.45, Sjaak wrote:

> I'm trying to create an analog sounding delay patch. I'm missing
> the analog feel. Any ideas how to add that? The sound should
> degrade step by step but not disappear if you know what I mean.
> Parameters I used:
> - high cut filter on 3-5 Khz
> - 100% feedback

I do this a lot, both in hardware effect processing devices and in
software, but I use to add also a low cut filter, a bit of distortion
and micro tonal pitch shift. The pitch shift is to simulate tape
flutter (most "chorus", "flange" or "phaser" algorithms work fine as
well). Instead of using low cut plus high cut filtering I may
sometimes go for just one band cut filter instead. The good thing
with that is that it's usually easier to sweep the frequency bands
with the filter.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)