Re: computers suck creative energy

10+ years ago, Brian Eno talked about how he was thinking of banning
computers from his studio work environment, since they invariably
introduced a bunch of downtime in the form of the engineer saying "Oh,
wait, that's not right, hold on a minute while I...." and ten minutes
of mouse twiddling ensued, during which time the musicians lost focus
and would wander off to the video games in the lounge.  Did analog
studios have technical problems?  Sure, but he felt that computers had
introduced an unacceptable increase in the ratio of up versus down
time.

TH