Re: Male to Female Voice

Thanks Kris-very interesting article.

There's another basic one here:
http://www.xponaut.com/showpage?pid=126

The voicetweaker software essentially does what you are pointing out here.
I downloaded it (have yet to buy it) and tried it on a track I knew wasn't
in perfect pitch and also used it to transform my voice into a female.  It
has a setting for "Male to female" and it did surprisingly well in making
a female sounding voice.  I used it to clean up the pitch as well and it
did quite well. A few more tweaks and some verb and it would be very
usable. The thing I noticed with this software is that it needs a pitch to
start with.  If you have some raspiness or some type of crud in your
throat it has a tough time fixing/transposing a pitch that is essentially
just noise.  I could tweak it some more but it was late and after 10
minutes it stops working and I had to restart the program-so I opted for
sleep.

At $99 it's still not a bad deal.  Couple with a $25 program like  Clone
Ensemble and you might be able to make a pretty cool choir.

The project continues...

Plish