RE: EH SMM w/ Hazari

>  ... I'd only be
>buying it to investigate the potential for after-market mods.
>for instance, it must surely be possible to modify the bypass switching
>so that one still hears the output of the delay & looper.... the unit's
>input would be fed directly to the output jacks & not to the inputs of
>the delay/looper circuitry. surely.

I highly doubt that this is the case. The entire range of these new
EH pedals is based on DSP algos. The signal path is likely straight
to anA/D and then back out the D/A. In order to have trailing echos
one would need to mute the signal to the delay while keeping the dry
signal intact.  This would either require an external mixer and
external switching or access to the DSP code and a programming
station, or several letters to Electro Harmonix to include this as an
option...

>& adding expression pedals is simply a case of mounting some stereo jack
>sockets so that an expression pedal replaces one of the onboard pots.
>assuming that the pots are mono & around 50k impedance..... or one of
>those bendy things that you work with a pedal that replaces the knob.
>duncan.

I was told that the pots in the 2880 are all simply control voltages,
it is possible that these are similarly implemented.

http://www.zmix.net