Macworld readers, I need a solid.

A few issues ago, I saw a review, or at least a description, of an
application that lets you control various other applications with
your Apple Remote Control. I believe it was the issue with the
security cover story.
I'm interested is experimenting with Ableton Live with it. Since the
guys Ableton still have not provided midi control of keystrokes, this
might allow me to switch live sets remotely. Bome has yet to make
good on its promise of a Mac version of Midi Translator and the
Midistroke doesnt really work well.
Any help would be appreciated.