Re: computers suck creative energy

It's liberating isn't it?  For the last month, I have been looping with just my clean jazz guitar sound, and my max/msp looper. I have been concentrating on what I can do with just my instrument without the aid of tone mangling effects, just the tone of the guitar and the power of the looper and its features. It occured to me how easy it is (at least for me) to make decent sounding music with loads of effects as a artistic crutch...a few lush ambient fripp like patches, some long delays and modulation, granular synthesis, layers of effects and pitch, etc. After a while, my primary instrument is overshadowed, the love of my music life that has been with me for  28 years. I find it much more interesting and challenging to work with just my guitar tone now, and see what limits I can push, what boundaries I can leap without the aid of the all so seductive tone mangling effect crutch.  :)  We'll see where this goes....

Kris