Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... switching to Mobius?

I may have asked this before, but what are folks using to control Moebius from a physical standpoint? The Behringer MIDI pedal?

Regards, Paul

Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On 28 nov 2007, at 19.33, Adam Hart wrote:

> My Gibson EDP tweaked out on me, so I replaced it with an Oberheim
> EDP. Big mistake. When synched to my MIDI sequencer the Oberheim
> moves the start point of the second loop... and everything is off.
> Forget workarounds - I WANT SOMETHING THAT WORKS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED
> TO (like my gibson echoplex before I ruined it).
>
> So now I am going to sell my EDP and buy a PC for Mobius. Any
> thoughts on how much RAM I need? I tried searching for the answer
> on the archives but I couldn't find anything

My Mobius PC works fine with just 1 GB RAM. I thought this was way
too small memory when I bought it many years ago and I was planning
to put in another stick, to use it with 2 GB RAM. But as time passed
on I noticed Mobius did just excellent on just 1 GB.

I notice you used your EDP as sync slave. This is not a good idea for
Mobius on a latop. You'd better sync that MIDI sequencer after
Mobius. I'm doing that with my two laptops looping rig and it works
well.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)