Re: How far does looping go back? Farther than you think....

Slightly different (non-cave), same concept --person hearing their own voice reflected/ delayed/ echoed:

On Route 129, mountain overlook of Lake Calderwood, TN (a "U" shaped section of lake/ w dam on upper right) -- a loud yell or shout-out will return for 5 or 6 seconds on a calm day -- approx 1.3 sec for 1st repeat; 3 distinct -- center, left, right, plus fades.......NTS (needless to say) some days are better than others....
.
We've been human for quite a while now....with "echoes" all along.....

cheers-

scott