Re: Burned by Oberheim EDP... Todd Green having problems too

Bob Weigel wrote:
> But the thought of getting nicer quality stereo was appealing and we
> started under the assumption that this could be done from what we were
> being told.  Right now he calls me this AM telling me that brother sync
> isn't sync'ing and he's gone through the manuals and fiddled away his
> time trying to get it to sync right and it's not happening.  He is using
> a stereo cable for the sync.

Not sure if this relates to your stated problem, but I had trouble with
syncing to EDPs.

My experience with two Gibson EDPs running Loop IV software is that they
would sync just fine using the "normal" looping commands. Once I started
using the new Loop IV commands like loop resizing etc. (the commands
that were originally bugs, then later reworked into features) the sync
would not stay together but instead the units would drift apart over
time. I didn't test it thoroughly so this is just my impression of what
I was experiencing. I didn't find any solution so I decided to stick to
mono looping.

- Sam