Re: computers suck creative energy

     Stefan,

     Agreed!  Take for example the composer Olivier Messiaen who was
interned (against his will)
as a doctor in a German concentration camp.  It was there that he composed
the 'Quartet for the
End of Time' and it was performed there for the entire camp... prisoners,
guards, and staff.  He
said later that at no time in his entire career did he feel as
'understood' as at that
performance.

     Sometimes it takes extraordinary conditions...

     Stephen

     (and no Travis, I'm not invoking Godwin's law here...)

Chris Sewell schrieb:
> I love what all the hardcore loopers do here, but for the average
> audience member its unlistenable( Please, no offense meant).

The average audience member is highly underrated. Especially by
organisers. If the music is done well, you can reach any audience, no
matter how far away you are from the mainstream or from what the
audience usually expects.
Exactly that is the artistic challenge!

Stefan

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/