RE: Custom EDP ECHOPLEX Footswitches with Boss Pedals

this worked pretty well for me in a similar situation as long as you didnt leave anything "open" on the first set for instance in my set up I had my home made FCB replacement , then a splitter (A OR B) theneach of these connected into each echoplex via a Y cable , then the spare input of each Y cable being summed back to another echoplex controller via yet another Y cable (controlling A AND B) If I had left one of the echoplexs on overdub then began using the A AND B controller, it obviously began cycling one echoplex overdub on and the others off (which actually once i was awar of it could be REALLY COOL for distributing one signal over a stereo pair)

Phill MyOneManBand

www.myspace.com/myonemanband

> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> From: lochheed@cox.net
> Subject: Custom EDP ECHOPLEX Footswitches with Boss Pedals
> Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:59:52 -0700
>
> Hello -
>
> I've converted 7 Boss foot switches to handle the various functions
> on my two Echoplexes. The pedals were gutted and fitted with the
> proper resistors and wired in series with standard patch cables The
> setup works wonderfully! The feel of the Boss switching is more
> familiar than the stock EFC-7 and the switches are certainly lasting
> longer! In order to cut down the size of my board, I'm using a Boss
> LS-2 Line selector as an A/B to switch the custom Boss pedals between
> the two Echoplexes. This allows me to control either Echoplex with a
> simple switch. Even though the Echoplexes aren't running in stereo,
> they are being fed Midi Clock. Both EDPs go to separate amps and are
> always looping something different.
>
> Here's what's next for my setup....
>
> I'd like to add a few more of these custom Boss pedals to control the
> Record, Mute, Insert and Next Loop for BOTH Echoplexes at the SAME
> TIME. Sort of a MASTER Record, Mute, Insert and Next Loop if you will.
>
> Tell me if you think this scenario will fly...
>
> After the 1/4" foot switch cable hits the A/B box, the signal splits
> two 1/4" cables to the two EDPs. Can I patch in a "Master" Record,
> Mute, Insert and Next Loop signal into both these cables? I'll
> probably use a small Hammond enclosure as a "merge" box. I'd like to
> have the option to not only control the EDPs independently but also
> have the option to Record, Mute, Insert and Next Loop for both.
>
> In theory, it sound like it should work.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Adam
>
> http://www.myspace.com/lochheed

Get closer to the jungle. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!