Re: OT - acoustic pickups, etc

Fascinating stuff...thanks, Dan!

I did actually hear back from Larry Cooperman, who had installed an
under-nut pickup in an electric. He wasn't very happy with the results,
saying that the signal was weak and uneven, with the treble strings
having very little output. He said he also tried it in bass and found
much better results there, though. Also, in the guitar, the signal that
it did put out was useful for blending into the regular signal for an
additional bit of high-end brilliance, but on its own just wasn't worth
the bother.

I think that rather than going through the expense of redoing the nut
and potentially not being happy with what I end up with, I'm going to
try a cheap piezo up on the headstock (I'll check out allelectronics,
thanks Bill). I gotta check out the recommended Zappa track too,
Chris...once again, thanks to everyone!

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com