Re: Stereo video from Y2K7 Loopfest Santa Cruz

I , too, was grateful for Reyn's post about stereo conversion of video
files
to flash files for
posting at youtube (and retaining the original stereo audio).

I needed a good video conversion software so I picked up
Ultra Flash Video Converter 2.0.2001.1201 off of the web.

I converted all of my files and the stereo was preserved beautifully,
but the video conversion was awful.

In the conversion parameters there were a few categories where I could
not use the exact values that Reyn used so I went for the nearest values.
(precisely,  Video frame rate could not be 25 so I made it be the nearest
choice:  24
and Video bit rate could not be 224kps  so I made it be 188 (the next
option
was 336).

Could this have been my problem?

**********************************

There were several video converters advertised at the site I went to for
PC.

Does anyone know of one that will retain the quality of the video for PC?

Additionally,  I have a Mac (and am close to getting a new Intel Macbook
or
possibly
even a Macbook pro).

Reyn,  how is the quality of the video conversion using the program you
suggested?
Will it convert PC video formats to flash as well, out of curiosity (.wmv,
et. al.)?