Re: Battles

I saw them perform on UK TV (only one number).

My impression was that they mostly used looping for the look of it,
rather than to produce sounds that they couldn't make without the loops.
(they're very "performance", and there's a lot of them in the band, so
I don't mean that to be a criticism )

Bass player had an EDP, and most of the rest seemed to have DL4s which
they used for single shot samples of notes  they had just played.

The vocalist was doing interesting stuff with pitch shifting on his voice,
and some strange technique where he played guitar and synth simultaneously
(don't know what, it just sounded like a synth could have done it, but
then there
was a lot going on)

Not my thing (too much loud insistent bass thump) but definitely
interesting,
I'd certainly have kept watching if they'd been allowed to do another
number.

andy butler