Ableton7+OSXLeopard+sooperlooper... workie?

So,(youve heard it before, but)  ive had it with the RC-50...  that special "cant sync with anything" feature makes it impossible to use in my current situation.   So im back to the drawing board.

the question:
has anyone run the following config:?

Macbook Pro > Leopard (10.5.1) >  Ableton Live 7 > Sooperlooper

So far im running sooperlooper (and its exactly what im looking for, I THINK)
but Ableton 6 still crashes on me, even after a full hard drive wipe and new OS!!!
will Ableton 7 be more crashproof?   i am terrified of an on-stage-crash.

will there ever be a solid solution?  A perfect tool with all the answers to all the glitches in our small looping world?

i know its a stale subject at this point, but it sure is
too bad Roland dropped the ball on the RC-50.   they were so close !!!

with love
rithers