RE: Battles=gr8! but what about the mars volta?

man, i am also REALLY diggin the mars volta. and it sound like they do some looping of sorts. i have two mars volta cd's, "frances the mute" and the other that i really like more than any i've heard so far, "Amputechture".

but the mars volta= the complexity and bombast of the heaviest King Crimson has ever rocked or freaked out, but refreshingly w/out the prog aftertaste(s) and more of a latin/noise-kinda quasi-prog/modern and ambient-epic song-feeling married to very decent lyrics/robert plant-like vox with unending vocal range and a creeping hipness that's almost, but just not quite over the edge of inclusiveness and accessibility. that just blows me away in how tmv can balance all they do/can do and make it work so well. even more amazing is how tmz can somehow connect with a very large and growing but diverse audience it seems and still be as weird as that wanna be...that's totally cool in my mind.

happy holidays!
jcp

http://www.myspace.com/baptistpreachers

& also, do go ck out:

http://www.johncecilprice.com

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more