Re: Cable length for Vortex swell

andy butler wrote:
> I can't see the length would make any difference,
> rather the total resistance of the cable.

Agreed. With length, I meant this and the voltage drop from the 5 volt
out (as you comment below). Probably mostly a matter of cable quality.
It's of no consequense ATM; however, I'm of cause planning my controls
for the "A Wizard, A True Star" huge stage ego trip :-D  LoL

> The Vortex expression input measures resistance, rather than the usual
> potential divider type circuit.
> This means that either of the common expression ped wiring types will
> work equally as well.
>
> Don't know what would happen if you tried a control voltage,

Me neigher yet. Docs says it can use a control voltage. Will see..

> I just measured 5V from ring to sleeve on the output.
> Earthing the tip to sleeve gives a reading of 0 on the Vortex.
> ..but connecting the tip to the 5V ring gives a figure of about 32,
> not the hoped for 64.
>
> So I don't think it would work.

Hmmm..  more engineering; my hump..

--