Re: Vortex power supply - AC, but can take DC?

andy butler wrote:
> The "encoder problem" that I mentioned is rather more basic.
> The rotary encoders on the Vortex (and Jamman etc) are prone to failure,
> but exact replacements are not (afaik) available.
> ( Bob Sellon, the Jamman guy, has the same problem).

Fortunately mine was in prime condition, not a scratch, so I don't have
the problem (yet). Read about it, though.
I guess replacements are difficult to get by partly because they are
gray scale encoders, and also today all others use optical encoders with
different shapes and nof bits (or 'contact points').

--
rgds,
van Sinn