Re: OT IN EAR MONITORS

I already told Rick what I use, but thought I'd share with everybody else
as
well.  I use Westone UM2 in-ear monitors.  They have the squishy foam that
expands to fill your ear canal.  I still can hear some sound come through
the foam, but standing next to a rock drum set, I hear just a little
through
the foam.  I do have to mix either the composite from the board or an
ambient mic to get everything into my monitor mix, but I find it is worth
the extra effort because my ears aren't ringing after a performance or
practice.

The one caveat is that I only use them in a band.  Though my solo
performance experience is rather slim, it seems that controlling stage
volume is much easier since I'm only working with an electric instrument
and
my voice.

I should also point out that Westone also does custom mold in-ear
monitors,
but I have never had a pair made for myself since I've been happy with the
compressible foam.

--Bob Amstadt