Mastering Aid was Re: AW: Powered Subs...on to mastering

Mid last year I experimented with and started using Har-Bal.
http://www.har-bal.com/

It's pretty cool and has elminated those, "I tried it here and it was
great but there it sounds blah" situations. Once I've dialed in the
curves, I've yet to pop it into my car or any other sound system, and it
not sound right.

The visual confirmation has actually improved my ability to hear what's
good and bad in a mix and to be able to make consistent mixes from song to
song.

What's also cool is that you can take the curves from music you like and
use that as the visual baseline to go along with the baseline in your
ears/skull.  Then you can match your new song to that baseline.  Very
cool!

I found it interesting too to look at the music you believe should be a
good baseline and see what the actual amount of compression/headroom looks
like.  It might make you change your mind. ;-)

~peace~
Plish

www.michaelplishka.com
www.myspace.com/michaelplishka