Re: my idea looper

2008/1/25 Simon Watson <watto@simonwatson.com.au>:
> G'day guys,
>
> Well, it's very frustrating, because there seems to be no such thing,
> although I'll be overjoyed if someone can correct me on that!  I'm after
> these features:
>
> * dry/wet mix, or dry out (essential, as I send to the looper from a
>mixer,
> and only want to hear the recorded material coming from it)
> * MIDI sync (either from the pedal to a host, or vice versa)

>From the loopers I have been using the EDP and the Repeater did this
well. That is, only MIDI Clock - not MIDI Time Code, which is a better
sync protocol. If using a computer loaded with a software looper I
think most applications on the market does sync, usually better in the
Master position as in the Slave position. Some even support MTC.

As for the dry/wet request of yours, the EDP has a physical knob on
the front panel to adjust if any of the input will be piped directly
to the output or if the output should only offer the loops. The
Repeater also has a front panel command to set it to "Wet Only Mode".
In looping software on a computer you simply set the looper to "no
software monitoring", or whatever it might be called in that
particular application. I guess you keep the direct signal going
through the mixer into the PA while sending an aux signal to the
looper and then fetching the looper output into the mixer on a
dedicated channel?

> possible.  I'd also prefer it to remove the last overdub rather than ALL
>the
> overdubs at once.

Talking about "Undo" functionality here? The EDP does that, as most
pedals for looping I've heard of. The REpeater removes all layers done
in Overdub Mode just like you're describing the Headrush (-- ? my
guess). I was quite annoyed with that when using a Repeater, even
though you can use it for some surprising musical effect.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)