Re: KP3 software update 2.0

Excellent - Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting a long time for this'n...

Linky here:
http://korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1348

~holotone

On 2/1/08, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill <rs@moinlabs.de> wrote:
I already touched this in my post about the Kaoss Pad family, but this
merits its own announcement:

Korg has released a new 2.0 firmware (together with a new editor) for
download.
The main changes/improvements:
        1. changed loop properties interface
        2. new trigger type settings
        3. new type for loop effects (don't understand that one myself...)

1. This is the big one. You may know that with the KP3, you can turn off and
on segments, align start point and adjust levels for each of the four (loop)
samples. However, when you entered that interface, the playback of all the
other loops safe for the one you were just editing would stop. This was
especially stupid not only because it disrupted your performance, but also
because it's quite hard to adjust track levels when you only can listen to
one track at a time when adjusting the levels.
This has changed! Loops now continue playing and you can easily switch
between the loops (and turn them off or on) when in that interface.

2. So far, when you had a loop, pressing the corresponding "sample" button
would mute that loop, hitting the button would unmute it. With the new
version, you can select a total of four different trigger modes. These are
the old mode, a "play only while button is held" version, and two versions
that will retrigger the loop when you mute/unmute it. Great!

Both of these changes really have helped to move the KP3 from a KP2 with
four added sample banks towards a powerful live playing tool.

        Rainer

--
~cole
http://holotone.net/