Re: Ableton Live & The best way to multi track.

Hi Tony
Thank you very much for the reply. These are some candid and respectful queries in thought that I have concerning this issue.

Why in the name of all that's ridiculously simple in terms of BASIC needs isn't this feature available in Live itself? I'm clueless. It seems so rudimentary doesn't it?

It would seem like this would be possible via rewire. Is it? (and)  How well will it work if I attempt to rewire a multi track editor like Audition 3 directly to live?

How about the option of routing the tracks out of Live to a different computer? Can you tap the midi track's audio output and pipe it via ASIO to a different computer?

Thank you very much for even taking the time to read this. I must say that I am completely at a loss for a logical reason that Ableton fails to make this most basic of options available to it's users. I mean, isn't this like DAW 101 or something? ie. Getting a synchronized audio feed from all of a host's tracks that you are recording to?

Please don't get the wrong idea. I do LOVE Live but it's inability to preserve exact audio in the arrangement is mind boggling.

Thanks Again,
Jeff

On 2/6/08, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 6, 2008 4:39 AM, Bass Player <mrbigpantz@gmail.com> wrote:
> If that's the case unfortunately this is not even close to suiting my needs.
> I simply need something to document in sync all the multi tracked audio
> results of each individual track in an Ableton Live set as the set is being
> created/recorded.

I never posted in this thread because I think Rainer's suggestion
would do that. As will also the Consolidate Track function in Live. If
it gives you audio files on the drive that correspond to all tracks,
at least I would regard that as "being in sync". Given you start those
audio files at the same time, of course ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)