Re: film music rights,icensing etc.(OT).

On Feb 12, 2008 11:21 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

"To me,  what the music business, the film business and the book
publishing business tend to lack  these days is a strong morally
ethical basis for doing business.  It's endemic in all three of these
artistically oriented businesses.."

*smile ... and that's on the good days!

Zoe and Rick have pretty much covered the points, though from
subsequent discussions, it sounds like the situation may be a little
more complex than we all first heard.

I'll probably mangle this, but I am reminded of an anecdote addressing
how artists are often seen as prostitutes:

"We start off doing this because it feels good. Then we discover that
people will pay us to do it. If we're lucky, we keep doing it cause it
feels good."

Art and commerce have a long and stormy relationship; try to remember
why you do these things. And Rick is right about sharing your work
through collaboration.

My nickel's worth on the first cup of coffee this morning,

Dennis