EDP+ boot failure

Hello,

My EDP+ has a problem. Sometimes it refuses to boot correctly. It will
light up in some of the leds and on the screen, but very briefly, and
then it's blacked out. It is unpredictable but it seems like it happens
more often when the unit has been on for some hours. Also, when it does
black out, I can hear that there is still current in the electrical
circuit.

I should say that it is only during boot-up this happens, and only
sometimes. If my unit boots up correctly, it is functioning as normal
and stays on.

I searched through the archive and someone suggested re-seating the ROMs.
Does this mean actually taking out the ROM chips (not sure exactly which
ones they are) and putting them back in again?
I've checked all the SIMMs and made sure everything is in place. And
I've reset the EDP+, but none of this have helped.

Any suggestions?

All the best from,
Magnus