Re: Glitch VST plug in and looped guitar

On Feb 19, 2008 1:49 PM, Art Simon <simart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't recall the free Windows VST plug-in "Glitch" being mentioned
> here, so I thought I'd give it a big thumbs up.
> http://illformed.org/blog/glitch/
> It got a nice mention in the latest Virtual Instruments magazine, so I
> downloaded it a couple of days ago.

I agree with Art. DBlue Glitch is a classic! There is only a Windows
version made available so it's a cool "spear head gadget" for the
Mobius looper ;-)  I've heard some whining among "Mac Guys" since
there is nothing to match it on that platform. We could also mention
LiveCut from Smartelectronix, that is availalable for both Mac and
Windows. I wouldn't say DBlue Glitch is "the best" but they both sound
different. Especially DBlue I think could be described like "an RMX
for any live audio input". I experimented with it on all eight Mobius
outputs with midi pedals assigned to vary the randomization from zero
to quite a bit. Lots of fun!