Re: multi effects unit

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Erdem Helvacioglu <erdemhel@tnn.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Besides my "acoustic guitar and live electronics" with audiomulch setup,
> began to work with a laptopless setup for electric guitar. For this
>setup, I
> use tc electronic fireworx, eventide eclipse, lexicon mpx100 as hardware
> multi effects processor. I was wondering if any of you could recommend
>other
> multi effects processor with very wild effects.

I have been using both the Eclipse and the Eventide, so my guess is
that you find them "sweet" and now your are looking for something more
"rough" or even a bit "evil" - is that so?

Analog has always been "wild"... ("wild" for me is going for the
spectacular). For a couple of years I had an AKAI MFC42 filter bank
that I found very nice, not only for guitar. It has those deep and
shrieking resonance filters that can easily blow loudspeakers if you
don't tweak them carefully. And the distortion is mean; not sounding
like "guitar rig distortion" at all. If it hadn't been forced to, by
lack of income, I had never sold that Akai.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)