Re: qualities of reverb OT

hi Luis
the Alex has a nice chorus.

I haven't used the higher end Lex stuff, just heard it used .

The PCM90/91 is a dedicated reverb,
the PCM80/81 also has some effects.

Lexicon said that the algorithms in the cheaper MPX100(which I have) are
pretty the same as the high end units (obviously with less detailed
reverb, and without the high end analog path) and based on that I wouldn't
recommend lexicon pitch shifting.

For bass lines, Per used to have the TC Fireworx which did a pretty good
imitation of a bass when he plugged his guitar in....don't know about
latency though.(doesn't ever bother Per :-)

Generally the harmoniser type effects introduce too much delay to be good
for basslines,
only harmoniser I've heard that tracks without delay is in the new
ElectroHarmonix stuff,
the POG, microPOG and HOG, but thought the sound was a bit wierd, and the
pitch up was so flat it was unusable.
(it's not possible to do pitch shift up without some delay, but pitch down
is possible)

andy