From: Krispen Hartung [mailto:khartung@cableone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:39 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Free Download

Nice. Can you explain the scratch function? If I understand how this works
from my childhood experience with records, don't you just slow the buffer
down to a stop and then move both forward and backward quickly? Or is there
some other effect that your looper throws in there?  If the former, then
you
just motivated me to add this to my max/msp looper to control with my foot
expression pedal. I already have buffer control in my looper, so I just
need
to add the code to control it in this way (5 min job).

What sort of range would I use in terms of time forward and backward? 3
seconds? I'm trying to visualize how much audio time would be included with
one sweep of my fingers on the vinyl. :)

If you ever get the interest, one particular thing I like to do on my
looper
(KaiserLooper) is to randomly select windows of the buffer and play them
back. I use this, and make the random selection very slow. It is fun to
play
with as a virtual accompanist. Or I can speed it up and it sounds very
"glitchy".

Kris

 Krispen Hartung
 Boise Experimental Music Festival