RE: David Torn tonight in New Haven?

I saw this show at Joe’s Pub in NYC on March 13th, and MAN! What a show! It was so great that I stayed for both sets.

It was lots of improvisation and a beautiful noise, to say the least. David Torn’s guitar with the mics built in is just amazing.

I noticed he was using his Repeater as a sampler (and perhaps for pre-programmed stuff?), and his Echoplex EDP for looping and other such effects. At one point in the show, he had that mechanized sound emanating, kind of like what Andre Lafosse does, that drum sounding beat, ya know? DT was also sampling Tim Berne’s saxophone and processing that as well. Pretty amazing…by the way, Craig Taborn is a sick keyboard player.

Sooooo, if they come to your town, go out and support them!! I was a bit dismayed that Joe’s Pub was not filled, and the second set had even less peoples there…such is life.

Loop on…

Ed in NJ