Re: Looperlative Linearity Questions

Hi Patrick,

I'm happy to answer your questions over this list, but also feel free to
contact me directly via email or telephone.  My personal email is
bob@looperlative.com and the telephone here in the office is +1 415 992
LOOP.

> Does the Looperlative have linear, sequential loops (as opposed to
> parallel)?
> Can linear loops also be layered?

The LP1 can be used to create different song sections.  There is a
function
called "cue" which let's you mark a track or group of tracks as ready to
start playing as soon as any other track stops.  For example, you could
have
3 tracks that play your verse and 3 tracks that play your chorus.  You can
use the the cue function to seamless switch from the the verse to chorus
and
back again.  The only limitation is that each of the 8 tracks can only
hold
1 part.  If track 1 holds a chorus part, then it can't be used to hold a
verse part.  If there is an instrument that plays the same part in both
the
chorus and the verse, then you can record that to a single track and just
leave it running.

Basically, the LP1 doesn't enforce song structure.  Functions exist in the
unit to aid construction of songs.  It is up to you to choose how you will
use them in the construction of your music.

Bob