Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

Nice question, Rick.
As evidenced by Per, working with a lot of simultaneously loops makes the
compositional process too slow for a live performance.

What i am actually using are  2-4 tracks playing simultaneously.
With Mobius i tend to record on track1/loop1 the basic cluster of my
composition and then switch-overdub to loop2 to add a variation (it can be
just a simple reverse/half speed) and so on on loop3 and sometimes on
loop4. All in track 1.
Then i move to record-overdub-substitute on the other tracks, mantaining
in
every moment the opportunty to change the basic cluster switching loops on
track1.
Frequently, on track2 i have a multiplied loop of that's playing on tr.1
that does structure the composition.
On tr.3 I hardly use feedback to continously change what i'm playing,
switching sometimes on tr.2 to mofify that one too.
Tr.4 is my unsynched and unquantized track i use for recording
soundscapes,
effects tails or strange sounds that i want to stay out of synch.

To avoid the timbral masking, i have different pan settings on each track,
so each loop timbral can be clearly perceived.

Fabio
www.eterogeneo.com