From: "L.A. Angulo" [labaloops@yahoo.com]
Date: 04/01/2008 10:51 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: HOW MANY LOOPS DO YOU USE SIMLUTANEOUSLY?

Hey Travis,
I dont know how you are using the FCB1010 for more
loops,actually i find the EDP brilliant and more
flexible than other mutlitrack loopers ive dealt with
like the Repeater.Through midi you can have more loops
set in a bank preset and use them or record into them
at your disposal.
Also auto record is really cool because you can
instantly record into the next loop without having to
hear the first loop around.
The one feature i was hoping for(or perhaps i havent
discovered yet) is going instantly to the next loop
after muting one but still keeping all loops
synced-quantisized to each other,sort of like a
sampler.Ive become so used to the flexibility of the
EDPs wonderful midi comands using the FCB1010 that it
makes it hard to go back to the simple EDPs FC-7.
But it looks like the looperlative and Mobius
implemented a lot of the functions the EDP is missing!
cheers
Luis

--- Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:

> The EDP design does sort of force you into choosing
> though, since the number
> of loops is defined at the beginning.  If MoreLoops
> is set to two, and you
> get an idea for something that needs four after
> you've started, you're out
> of luck.  It's also difficult for me (and most
> people, I suspect) to manage
> more than three or four loops, particularly when
> using a MIDI controller as
> limited as the FCB.  I can imagine a scenario where
> I had six or eight
> loops, where there were A and B versions of three or
> four loops, but I
> haven't been able to figure out an effective UI for
> the FCB to control it
> all.
>
> TH
>
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Rick Walker
> <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
>

> > I just find that timbral masking occurs if one is
> constantly trying
> > to add layers to one's compositions.
> >
> > How may loops do we use,  I wonder.
> >
> > What are the aesthetic pros and cons of multiple
> layers of loops?
> >

> > How many loops do us use simultaneously?
> > And why?

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Total Access, No Cost.