questions for live set up

Hi ..
I'm taking my first steps in looping (which are getting mobius and live
for host
4 mobius).
I started reading the manuals but i'm a little lost in the whole loop
philosophy.
Generally I have lattency probs but for the time i'm only connecting the
output
of my boss me 50 effect petal to the microphone input of my laptop.(i don;t
know if that is the problem but i can understand that is pretty lame
connection:))

I'm planning to buy more hardware for the looping and i don;t know with
which
hardware i''l have a very good result at a reasonable price.
First of all i believe that i need a midi foot pedal(fcb1010 i think is
pretty
good).That's the only thing that i'm sure for buying the rest are a large
confusion for me.
Except from en electric guitar I also have a melodica, a yamaha psr 290, a
dynamic microphone, metallolophon,classic quitar and  2 traditional  greek
instruments(except for the electric guitar and the psr290 the rest i want
record them through the microphone)[in the future i'll probably have
percussion
stuff and contense microphones)

So  i surely need  a mixer.but which mixer?probably one with phantom power
(for
future percussion) but which is the best for a laptop and for my live
setup?(i
read  in the mobius manual that mute.alt 3-4 characteristic is recommended)
.But i'm also confused  with the interfaces.I want  one for the mixer
conection
with the laptop and also one  midi interface for the foot pedal or a
combined
one eh?
which do you suggesg?

But there are mixer which are already have usb pc connection( BEHRINGER
XENYX
1204 FX
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_1204_fx.htm?partner_id=25293
)
?

and what is exactly the role of ASIO device?it's an audio interface?

can you enlighten me with the exact setup that i need to follow to get a
good
result?

(p.s. when you use mobius as a plugin in live why there is not device
configuration in the menu as there is when you use mobius alone.[when i'm
using
mobius as vst plugin for live i can;t record in it,probably i need to take
some
set ups in both mobius and live eh?])

Sorry for my very newbie questions and sorry for my greeklish:)

thank you in advance