OT-SUPER LATE POST to MULTI-effects..

to the person looking for some other multi-effects options (although why since you had an eventide unit i can't imagine)...anyway...was doing some reading of reviews recently and 2 units that seem to be the "she-bang" in recent multi-effects supposedly:

1. the line 6 POD v.3-supposed to have options for 2 sets of processing at once (from what i understand)

2. the roland VG-99-similar -to above in that it has routing options that multiple amps &/or effects can be used at once.

and i was looking at pics of vernon reid's recent gigs w/ the free form funky freqs, and w/ his setup (which looks massive) he has a vg-99 mounted on a stand. so he's using it. i remember guitar player had an advanced review late last yr of vg-99-said it had options of running 2 different amp models w/ multiple-effects- they said something about using flanger w/ tremolo w/ filter w/ delay options and wacky reverb-and the sounds you could get....they gave it a good review i remember.
so some gear to look into for you....

my funny comment was while reading the vg-99 review is that w/ my set up of zoom g2 into a digitech rp150, i can have 2 amp models (plus distortion box models) w/ loads of wacky effects (i think of it as budget adrian belew's 80's rack of analog doom)--there are funny textures you can get w/ running a mesa rectifier model into an acoustic model w/ large reverb into small reverb,etc...and my set up cost 200$ vs the 1000$ vg-99. granted i know it does all kinds of pu modeling and has stereo options etc,...oh well....
s---