Re: OT-SUPER LATE POST to MULTI-effects..(nova system quick review)

by the way i was just testing the new TC electronics
Nova system which is still siting in my room but will
be sent back tomorrow.
I am amazed of how conservative and how crappy and
boring the efxs of this unit are considering its price
tag.
so i will go into it very briefly cause i gotta go
drink some beer after dealing with it.
First the positive:it seems very well built,friendly
interface,nice looking screen and the whole unit is
quite transparent and doesnt seem to color your
sound.Also the analog drive and distortion do sound
like an overdrive or distortion pedal without any of
tha digital fizz and hizz.
Big led buttons(although the big flashing tempo light
can get on my nerves)well spaced to trigger,bank
scrolling is achieved by holding buttons up and down
and you have the main efxs available,you can use
stompbox mode or preset mode.You can run the efx in
serial,semi parallel or parallel etc.But you can only
control one efx with an exp or vol. pedal.
But the pitch efxs...big dissapointment they all track
bad compared to the boss units,the octaver does a good
job if you play single lines but try playing 2 and you
get a rotten pizza!also the pitch shifter on my old
roland GP100 unit could shift and transpose the guitar
and you could play chords without mush but this thing
you can forget about it!The intelligent pitch shifter
dont even bother is nothing new compared to what is
outhtere for a lot less money and it doesnt track well
either...
no reverse,no leslie rotary speaker,no univibe,no
exp.pedal,just a box with a 700.-eur. price tag which
has plain average extra clean 80īs sounding efx,even
the so called analog and tape delays sound very much
alike with no character and trying to get dirt out of
them is useless! stick to your pedals guys,the dl4 has
attitude in comparison and my little micro pog tracks
like no other!you are better off getting a boss ME-50
whos efx are better and cost a third of it!
Luis

--- scott hansen <evanpeewee@yahoo.com> wrote:

> to the person looking for some other multi-effects
> options (although why since you had an eventide unit
> i can't imagine)...anyway...was doing some reading
> of reviews recently and 2 units that seem to be the
> "she-bang" in recent multi-effects supposedly:
>
> 1. the line 6 POD v.3-supposed to have options for 2
> sets of processing at once (from what i understand)
>
> 2. the roland VG-99-similar -to above in that it has
> routing options that multiple amps &/or effects can
> be used at once.
>
> and i was looking at pics of vernon reid's recent
> gigs w/ the free form funky freqs, and w/ his setup
> (which looks massive) he has a vg-99 mounted on a
> stand. so he's using it. i remember guitar player
> had an advanced review late last yr of vg-99-said it
> had options of running 2 different amp models w/
> multiple-effects- they said something about using
> flanger w/ tremolo w/ filter w/ delay options and
> wacky reverb-and the sounds you could get....they
> gave it a good review i remember.
> so some gear to look into for you....
>
> my funny comment was while reading the vg-99 review
> is that w/ my set up of zoom g2 into a digitech
> rp150, i can have 2 amp models (plus distortion box
> models) w/ loads of wacky effects (i think of it as
> budget adrian belew's 80's rack of analog
> doom)--there are funny textures you can get w/
> running a mesa rectifier model into an acoustic
> model w/ large reverb into small reverb,etc...and my
> set up cost 200$ vs the 1000$ vg-99. granted i know
> it does all kinds of pu modeling and has stereo
> options etc,...oh well....
> s---

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one
> month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Total Access, No Cost.